Teaching and scientific research work is carried out in the Faculty in seven chairs: Ship Structural Mechanics and Strength, Ship Construction Technology, Quality Systems and Materials Science, Theory and Design of Ships, Ship Power Plants and Equipment, Ship Control and Power Engineering .
There are two organizations dealing with student problems in the Faculty:
- The Faculty Student Council
- The Faculty Scholarship Commission.
The following objects comprise the Faculty of Ocean Engineering and Ship Technology of the Gdansk University of Technology:
- the faculty building housing the administrative part, two large lecture theatres and a number of smaller lecture rooms;
- teaching and research laboratories, a modern computer laboratory;
- library with reading room;
- specialist laboratories scattered over the territory of Gdansk University of Technology but belonging to the Faculty:
- Ship Hydromechanics Laboratory,
- Ship Automation and Turbine Propulsion Laboratory,
- Ship Equipment Laboratory, Ship Machinery and Power Plant Laboratory;
- Research Centre in Ilawa.
The Faculty of Ocean Engineering and Ship Technology has also at its diaposal several unique research facilities, including:
- Ship Hull Laboratory,
- Ship Hydromechanics Laboratory in Ilawa,
- Towing Tank,
- Cavitation Tunnel,
- Machine Laboratory,
- Laboratory of Deep-Sea Technology and Composite Materials,
- Materials Science Laboratory.