INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON HYDRODYNAMICS IN SHIP DESIGN, SAFETY, MANOEUVRING AND OPERATION - HYDRONAV 2020
Under the auspices of Prof. Lech Kobyliński
which will be held on October 14-16, 2020 in Sopot and Iława, POLAND.
The date of the HYDRONAV 2020 Symposium has changed (!!!)
Due to the high increase in the incidence of COVID-19 in Poland, the Organizing Committee of the HYDRONAV 2020 Symposium decided to postpone the organization of the Symposium to 19-21 May 2021.
All information on the current conference website
The approaching Hydronav is organized by:
Faculty of Ocean Engineering and Ship Technology, Gdańsk University of Technology,
Polish Academy of Sciences Gdańsk Branch
Foundation for Safety of Navigation and Environment Protection, Iława.
The Symposium aims to gather together the widest circle of people dealing with the problems related to ship hydromechanics both from theoretical/numerical and practical points of view. The HYDRONAV symposium has always served as the convenient forum for presentation of the latest advances in ship hydromechanics and creative discussions between the industry representatives and researchers. One special session of the symposium will be held at Ship Handling Research and Training Centre in Iława.
The conference has been organized regularly since 1971 as the "International Symposium on Modeling of Open Waters in Gdańsk and Iława", then in 1973 it was held under the name "Symposium of Hydromechanics of the Ship". It is assumed that the conference has been international since 1991, when it was held in English with the participation of foreign guests under the current name "International Conference On Hydrodynamics In Ship Design, Safety And Operation HYDRONAV". The upcoming edition is edition No. 22.
- CFD and EFD in ship Hydromechanics
- Ship propulsion
- Ship seakeeping
- Ship manoeuvrability
- Stability and safety at sea
- Offshore structures – hydromechanics in design and operation
- Support structures for offshore wind turbines – hydromechanics in design and operation
- Hydroacoustics in marine research and underwater safety systems
- Noise pollution in the marine environment
- Dynamics of the marine environment
Participants will have the opportunity to publish their conference papers in the Polish Maritime Research (Impact factor=1.214) journal after positive revision for an additional fee.
(NEW) The Organizing Committee decided to partially finance the publication of conference articles
The symposium is organized by the Gdansk University of Technology, Polish Academy of Sciences brunch in Gdansk in cooperation with Foundation for Safety of Navigation and Environment Protection
Important dates (NEW):
• Registration deadline: June 10th, 2020
• Abstract submission (in English, max 300 words): June 10th, 2020
• Acceptance of abstract: June 20th, 2020
• Payment of registration fee: June 30th, 2020
• Delivery of final paper: July 30th, 2020
- 150 € for 1 person (for Polish participants: 600 PLN).
- PhD candidates, students 50 € for 1 person (for Polish PhD candidates: 200 PLN)
- Bank account for €:
- 78 1090 1098 0000 0001 4431 6129
- Bank account for PLN:
- 45 1090 1098 0000 0001 4423 2915
- As the title of the transfer, please provide: name and surname of the participant and the name of the symposium: HYDRONAV2020
- Registration fee includes the attendance at conference sessions, conference book with proceedings and conference dinner.
The symposium has got a special offer for accommodation. Participants can book rooms in Hotel Eureka via website of the hotel with discount.
Michał Krężelewski, PhD - Chairman,
Paweł Dymarski, PhD - Scientific Secretary
Jacek Nowicki, MSc Eng. - Member
Ewelina Ciba, MSc Eng. - Secretary
Katarzyna Warnke- Olewniczak, MSc Eng. - Secretary
Elżbieta Czajkowska, MSc - Treasurer
Katarzyna Warnke- Olewniczak
+48 58 347 2414
The registration form can be downloaded from the link below
The Paper Template
The paper/ extendend abstract template can be downloaded from link below
Leafet can be downloaded from the link below